Advocacy in healthcare is typically thought of to help underserved populations or those individuals who are considered vulnerable. However, healthcare advocacy should take place throughout various healthcare settings.
· In your discussion, describe policy advocacy.
· What are the opportunities for policy advocacy at various levels?
· What is the role of the nurse in policy advocacy?
· What makes nurses effective health advocates for policies and revisions?
· Select a policy related to nursing practice that is personal to you and describe how you could advocate for that policy implementation or improvement. Explain who the stakeholders are and the vulnerable populations that are affected.
In order to successfully complete each weekly discussion assignment, you will need to address all items included in the discussion topic/question, respond to peers thoughtfully, add value to the discussion, and apply ideas, insights, or concepts from scholarly sources, such as: journal articles, assigned readings, textbook material, lectures, course materials, or authoritative websites. For specific details and criteria, refer to the discussion rubric in the Menu (⋮) or in the Course Overview Weekly Discussion Guidelines.