Answer the questions pertaining to Psychopharmacology. A minimum of one paragraph per question. ADDRESS ALL PARTS OF THE QUESTIONS. Questions have to be answered in detail and provide references if any are used.
1. Describe the hypothesized role of 5-HT, NE, and DA in mood disorders (all mood disorders). Has this older theory changed? Don’t forget manic episodes.
2. What are some similarities and differences between the reuptake process and the role of monoamine oxidase? Focus on the processes and not on the drugs that may affect them.
3. Why does it take sometimes two to six weeks for some antidepressants to work? Discuss the theory that addresses this issue.
4. Describe the hot new antidepressant on the market: Trintellix. What is it, how does it work, and what is it used for?
5. REAL-WORLD ISSUE: Find information related to the use of Ketamine (and related drugs) to treat depression.