1. Identify a local, national, or global crisis that has occurred in the past 10 years.
2. What are key strategies to address your specified crisis (search and reference disaster management strategies used by WHO, CDC, State Department of Health, and/or Public Health Emergency Preparedness Agency (national, state, or local community).
3. For your specified crisis, describe applicable health and safety hazards of disasters and public health emergencies.
4. Emergency preparedness brings up rights of the individual versus the good of all (ethics/social justice). Identify and discuss an issue from the course resources that illustrate this potential conflict related to your specified crisis.
5. As nurses you will be on the front line in emergency preparedness. Describe moral/ethical issues that may arise for you personally/professionally related to responding to crises? Refer to course content.