The purpose of this project is to examine your understanding of the roles, skills of managers and to develop strategies to implement goals and strategies. Using a case study, you will be asked to demonstrate how motivation, relationship building, and trust affect organizational effectiveness.
Step 1: Carefully read the case study below.
Step 2: Comprise a 5-6 page paper (excluding the title page and reference list page) that includes ALL of the following points:
· Research the concepts of motivation, trust, and behavior as they individually, and collectively, relate to the ability for leaders to create sound management relationships that ultimately lead to successful organizations.
· Apply your research on the concepts of motivation, trust, and behavior to the relationship-building issues identified in the case study.
· Develop a forward strategy for leadership, and management that focuses on relationship building, diversity, and trust that will help the organization implement these new strategies.
· Explain the reasoning/conclusions behind your plan elements and support them with your research, class materials, and case-study facts.
· Analyze how the plan/strategies you develop for management will maximize organizational effectiveness, purpose, and vision.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PREPARE THE SUBMISSION:
· Carefully read the grading rubric for the assignment!
· Check the instructions to make sure ALL elements of the assignment have been covered
· Students are expected to use a variety as well as multiple course readings and research to support ideas, reasoning, and conclusions.
· This assignment requires the use of, at minimum, 5 scholarly references/sources
· Follow APA style and format guidelines to ensure that your final submission includes a Title Page, In-Text Citations, and a Reference List.
· Paraphrase from relevant sources to show a greater understanding of the topics. Limit quotes, though when used explain their significance. Provide the page or paragraph number as appropriate for APA format. Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.
· The analysis should begin with an introductory paragraph that clearly and succinctly explains what you intend to cover in the body of the paper.
· The analysis should end with a conclusion/summary paragraph that clearly and succinctly explains what you covered in the body of the paper.
· Third-person writing is required. Third-person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first-person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second-person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person .
· Contractions are not used in business writing, so the expectation is that students do NOT use contractions in the assignment.
· The paper must be double-spaced with 1-inch margins with 12 pt. font.
· Submit the final project into the appropriate assignment submission folder by the due date.
· Case Study
· Ann McConnell is chief information officer (CIO) at Jackson Spice Ingredients (JSI), a large Maryland spice and food ingredient company. In an industry that has a large national market presence, yet is global in its need for raw materials, JSI is always looking for ways to increase productivity and speed things up while staying connected to its worldwide sources. The mission of the organization is “to profitably expand its global leadership position in the spice, seasoning markets while being good stewards of the environment.”
· Two years into the job, McConnell suggested to company president, Charles Jackson, that it implement a new global organizational structure that is focused on divisions or geographic areas, thus enabling a stronger focus on local environments and sustainability. One of the first steps would be to reorganize the current functional structure and moving or hiring new managers for each of the new divisions. The new divisional structure will enable more of a focus on the local environment, thus assisting managements in understanding how they can impact each demographic area.
· In a meeting with managers, Charles and Ann need to introduce the new strategies. They know that 3 of the 7 current managers will be reluctant to change to the new organizational structure and strategy. Charles and Ann need to consider what management strategies they will need to focus on how to get all the managers on board with the new plans. They will need to consider what management skills will be needed to implement the new strategies.
· Taking into consideration what you have learned the past few weeks on learning organizations, culture and human capital, develop a strategy for leadership to use that will help management in their new roles and that will focus on the organizational vision and purpose.