Nurse’s touch provides interactives that will enhance students’ knowledge, skills, and attitudes with important topics and scenarios in nursing practice. Each module provides case studies along with assessment of content comprehension.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Discuss the professional nurse’s role in health-promotion activities. (POs 1 and 2)
2. Examine theories and concepts related to health-promotion behaviors. (POs 1, 2, and 8)
3. Discuss health promotion, illness prevention, health maintenance, health restoration, and rehabilitation in relation to the nurse’s role in working with various populations. (POs 1, 2, and 8)
4. Discuss the influences of moral, ethical, and legal principles on professional nursing practice. (PO 6)
5. Identify effective communication with clients and other healthcare providers. (PO 3)
6. Discuss attitudes and actions that influence personal, educational, and professional development. (PO 5)
7. Identify health-promotion strategies throughout the life span. (POs 1, 2, and 4)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 50 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
a. Computer with internet access
b. Access to ATI
c. Recommend using Firefox browser and clearing your cookies and cache if you are accessing ATI on laptop or desktop computer
d. Log into your My ATI account and select “Nurse’s Touch: Wellness and Self Care” and complete the assigned activity.
2) For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the APA Citation & Writing page located at https://library.chamberlain.edu/APA
3) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric).
a. Module and Post Test – 50 points/100%
· Time spent in module may be required at faculty discretion.
· Points will be based on the percentage earned on the first attempt multiplied by the total points possible.
· Example: If the assignment is worth 50 points, and you get 50% of the questions correct, you will earn 25 points.
· If scored less than 79% on the first attempt must submit a reflection (If reflection not submitted, will not receive points for additional attempts).
· May retake the module and test, after a 24-hour lock-out between attempts to score additional points (Note: total score with additional points cannot be greater than 100%).
b. Retake of Test – 3-5% to first attempt score
· Additional percentage will only be added to first attempt, so it is important to do well on first attempt.
· Additional percentage added cannot exceed 100% total.
· Waits 24 hours between attempts.
· If received less than 79% on first attempt, must submit a satisfactory reflection prior to retaking the test.
c. Reflection – Satisfactory
· 150-200 words required.
· Three (3) clinical points that can be used in practice.
· Reflective points from module content.
· Logical reflective flow which follows standard grammatical rules with minimal (1-2) misspellings.