GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE AMD YOUR SPECIALIZATION
As an institution, Walden has long supported days of service and encouraged students, faculty, and staff to give back to their communities. In the companion Assignment for this module, you are developing a plan for a proposed Global Day of Service project. For this Discussion, you will explain the Global Day of Service project you are proposing for your Assignment and offer feedback and support for your colleagues’ projects.
Important Note: You will share your ideas regarding your Module 5 Assignment in this Discussion. Be sure to read through the instructions for this Discussion and the Module 5 Assignment prior to beginning work this week.
· Review the instructions for the Module 5 Course Project assignment.
· Review the Walden University sites regarding social change and Walden’s Global Days of Service. Consider the many meaningful opportunities found in early childhood programs, K–12 schools, and communities for enacting social change. How will the Walden Global Day of Service project you are proposing in this module’s Assignment support social change in your program and field?
· Review the Callahan et al. (2012) paper in the Learning Resources. Which of the eight features of social change will be reflected the most in your Day of Service project?
Assignment Task Part 1
Write a 1-page explanation of the following:
· The Day of Service project you are proposing for this module’s Assignment
· How your proposed project would support social change in your program and field
· Which of the eight features of social change are integrated the most in your Day of Service project
For this Discussion, and all scholarly writing in this course and throughout your program, you will be required to use APA style and provide reference citations.
Assignment Task Part 2
Read a selection of your colleagues’ posts.
Respond to at least two of your colleagues in 150 word responses:
· by offering feedback on their Day of Service projects and additional thoughts for how it would support social change in their programs and/or fields, and any additional features of social change you see as reflected in their project.
· Provide references to the Learning Resources, research, and/or prior professional experiences when appropriate.