In discussions with the IT Director you discover that previous requests for network monitoring software were denied despite the large number of devices and logs spread throughout the enterprise. She has new found hope that the change in culture and philosophy with senior leadership will reduce the burden on the network team so they can focus on other high priority efforts.
Based on your research for Unit 7, write a point paper:
· Discuss the importance of network monitoring software.
· Include a summary of the various network devices and their role in network security.
· Discuss how critical log management is in identifying security incidents.
· Provide a brief description of an enterprise network management solution by doing a search on the web.
The requirements for your assignment are:
· 1-2 page APA paper excluding title and reference pages
· Provide at least two references and in-text citations in APA format
· College level writing
Students: Be sure to read the criteria, by which your paper/project will be evaluated, before you write, and again after you write.
Evaluation Rubric for Unit 7 Assignment
Mastery of concepts
The deliverable does not convey the relevant concepts and terminology from the Unit reading.
The deliverable is missing or unclear on some relevant concepts and terminology from the Unit reading.
The deliverable strongly conveys the relevant concepts and terminology from the Unit reading.
The deliverable was significantly short of the length objectives.
The deliverable was lacking in length.
The deliverable met or exceeded the length objectives
The submission did not meet the research reference and citation objective.
The research references and/or citations were not presented properly or relevant to the assignment.
The deliverable included relevant references and citations that met or exceeded the objectives.
Clear and professional writing and format
Errors impede professional presentation; guidelines not followed.
Few errors that do not impede professional presentation.
Writing and format is clear, professional, and error free.