Read Zack’s, “White Privilege, Black Rights” and answer the following questions:
1. How does Zack contrast the problems of implicit racism and more overt violations of human rights?
2. How does Zack explain the need for criticism of police violence directed against young black men?
3. What does Zack mean when she suggests that the issue of unpunished killings of black youth is a symbol of overall social injustice?
4. Do you think that it is ever justifiable to treat people differently on the basis of their race, sex, religion, or other group characteristic? Explain.
5. Should we continue to further multiculturalism and diversity in our society? Why or why not?