Discussion – Intro to Data Mining
After completing the reading this week, select two questions from each chapter to answer. Be sure to follow the requirements below:
1. What is an attribute and note the importance?
2. What are the different types of attributes?
3. What is the difference between discrete and continuous data?
4. Why is data quality important?
5. What occurs in data preprocessing?
6. In section 2.4, review the measures of similarity and dissimilarity, select one topic and note the key factors.
In an APA7 formatted essay answer all questions above.
There should be headings to each of the questions above as well.
Ensure there are at least two-peer reviewed sources to support your work.
The paper should be at least two pages of content (this does not include the cover page or reference page).
Title: Introduction to Data Mining
Authors: Pang-Ning Tan, Michael Steinbach, Anuj Karpatne, Vipin Kumar
Publication Date: 2013-01-01
Edition: 2nd Edition.