Behavior Change Intervention Presentation – 15 points
For this assignment, you will be reading a journal article or book chapter about an empirically-supported behavior change intervention and will teach the material to a small “base group” of approximately 4 classmates. You will have 15 minutes to present the material and lead a group discussion about it. You will also create a 1-2 page handout to help guide your presentation and discussion. Please upload it to Canvas and distribute it to your group members. Your grade will come from the quality and clarity of the material on your handout.
This is similar to tasks you may be involved with in your future clinical practice (e.g. case consultation groups, practicum student groups, journal article groups). My goals of this assignment are for you to: A) become familiar with a variety of behavior change interventions, B) understand the research literature around these interventions, and C) become more comfortable presenting and discussing material in a small group setting.
Please use the following headings for your handout. A copy of the grading rubric is provided on Canvas.
· Include an APA-style citation of the article
· Include a summary of the main points of the article
· Ethical and Diversity considerations
· What are 1-2 ethical considerations AND 1-2 cultural diversity considerations that you feel are important regarding this material in clinical practice? (If the article does not directly mention them, come up with your own ideas.) Although of course there is an overlap between diversity and ethics, make sure you are addressing each area separately (for example, mentioning considerations for Hmong American clients and also mentioning concerns regarding confidentiality, nonmaleficence, boundaries of competence, etc.).
· Link to Course Material
· How specifically does course material relate to what you read? Make 2-3 clear connections, such as how a course term, theory, or concept might apply. (In some cases, your article might explicitly discuss this but in other cases you will need to make those connections yourselves.)
· Discussion Questions (3 points)
· Write at least 3 discussion questions that you feel will get your group members thinking about the material on a deeper level.