The Electoral College Argument, Politics, and Social Media
Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapters 5, 6 and 10
· Lesson: Read This Week’s Lesson, which is located in the Textbook: Chapters 5, 6 and 10
· Initial Post: minimum of 2 scholarly sources (must include your textbook for one of the sources).
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
· Option 1: List the ways in which contemporary presidential campaigns have used social media as a campaign tool. Do you consider social media as a successful tool? Explain your answer. Do you see social media as an unsuccessful tool? Explain your answer and provide examples.
· Option 2: There are numerous discussions involving the Electoral College. There are some people that want to abolish the electoral college while others want to keep it. What do you think? Keep the electoral college or abolish it? Explain the reasons for your choice.
Be sure to make connections between your ideas and conclusions and the research, concepts, terms, and theory we are discussing this week.