Produce a 15-20 pg. paper demonstrating comprehension of the outcomes in your major and
in Gen Ed. Prepare a 10 page PPT presentation of the paper for the instructor as a visual aid. Project Paper: 15-20 pages, addressing a new initiative, need,
situation, issue or problem
identified by the learner by contacting an organization (business, community, organization,
agency, school, learner’s employer, etc.) or by searching the literature in your major.
To consist of:
1. Descriiption of a new initiative, need, situation, issue or problem, and identification of
an organization. Identify a new initiative, need, situation, issue, or problem that exists in your
major area of study. Utilize information that is publicly available to define the focus of the
paper. Also identify an organization that might befit from solution that you will develop.
2. Background information. Include a literature search, interviews etc. utilizing at least 12
different references cited in A.P.A style in your paper and listed in your reference list.
Investigate the background of the new initiative, need, situation, issue, or problem that you
have identified. Use current references citing them in A.P.A. style. You may also want to
interview experts in the area.
3. Proposal of at least two solutions or recommendations. After analyzing the information,
you have collected, propose at least two solutions or recommendation for new initiative, need,
situation, issue, or problem. Identify each one in a separate section of the paper.
4. Evaluate your proposed solutions or recommendations and choice of the primary
solution or recommendation with a rationale for that choice. Evaluate your proposed
solutions or recommendations. Decided which one best addresses your new initiative, need,
situation, issue or problem. Give a detailed rationale for your choice. Be sure to address all the
areas that you will be evaluated on. Consult the evaluation form for your major. , typed, double spaced, using a 12 pt. font – Times New Roman
• Header in the upper left hand corner of each page: page number in upper right hand
corner of each page
• One inch margins on all sides of the page
• First page of the paper, centered, title, name, your center location
• Cite sources using A.P.A. within the paper
• Reference list using A.P.A.