INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER PRESENTATION:
Goals of the Presentation: To demonstrate ability to interpret the literature, limitations and validity of the articles, type of research models used and recognize
it’s implication for practice and the provision of occupational therapy services.
Steps for Making Evidence-Based Decisions:
1. Choose a topic and formulate a clear, focused and answerable clinical question using the PICO or PICOT structure.
2. Conduct a systematic review of the published literature which address your question.
3. Critically appraise 5 articles to determine the quality and trustworthiness of the research evidence. Consider the research design of your articles, levels of
evidence, independent and dependent variables, the methods that were used to administer the intervention, and the author’s findings. Refer to Table 47-6 and
47-7 (Jacobs/MacRae) for guiding questions when appraising the literature or use a reputable checklist. (I WILL ATTACH THE IMAGES OF THE TABLES)
4. Integrate the research evidence and formulate an unbiased conclusion on how the evidence answered the clinical question.
5. Present the Clinical Bottom Line considering the values, preferences, clinical reasoning, and client factors and make a decision about the intervention.
6. Evaluate the outcome of your clinical decision.
Required components to be included on your Poster:
o Title: School logo, Title of Presentation, Name, Professional Designation, title of school
o Background: This is where you tell me the “why” of your research topic and what you already know about the subject in the literature. This is a general
overview of your topic
o Question: State your research question in PICO or PICOT format
o Method: Describe your systematic review process in table format, number of articles found, how many articles fit your inclusion criteria or limitations,
search terms, Databases used in your search
o Results: Summarize your findings in 1-2 sentences for each of your 5 articles that you performed a critical appraisal; make sure your research results
answer your clinical question
o Conclusion and Implications for Occupational Therapy Practice and Research: Discuss your clinical bottom line; will you use this information in practice,
what strengths and limitations did you find, what further research needs to be done
My comments: I am not sure how to make a PICO question (NEED TO CREATE ONE FOR THIS PROJECT) , but I do want my topic to be based on
Occupational therapy for Hipotherapy. The effects of Hipotherapy.
Here are some resources I found to help my poster presentation:
You may add more critically appraised articles.