Topic: Disney effects on 21st Century Broadway
Make sure you focus on THEATRE. Some of these artists or topics might be varied in terms of their artistry but this is a theatre class, so the bulk of your papers should focus on theatre.
Also, remember to have a strong thesis statement.
A thesis statement is one sentence that expresses the main idea of a research paper or essay, such as an expository essay or argumentative essay. It makes a claim, directly answering a question.
As you can see in the thesis statement examples below, you must be very specific, summarizing points that are about to be made in your paper, and supported by specific evidence. Generally, your thesis statement can be the last line of the first paragraph in your research paper or essay.
Research Papers are to be research papers where you are to form a point of view on your subject matter and then support it with documented research. Please be sure you address each of the following items. Points will be deducted for items not properly addressed:
• Assigned word amount typed / 2,000 Words
• Focused and succinct (choose a topic and stick with it)
• Double spaced
• 12 point, clearly legible type
• Spell checked
• Use of correct punctuation and grammar
• Written in complete sentences
• Proper credit must be given to all sources whether quoted or paraphrased both within copy and in bibliography at end of paper / MLA format
• Properly Uploaded on Canvas by the Due Date
• Use of a cover page to list the following: Title, your name, date, word count, YOUR THESIS STATEMENT- Please note I would like your Thesis Statement on your Cover Page as well as in the body of your document. The Thesis Statement should be the final sentence in your introduction.
When writing a research paper for this class, there are a few things to consider. Be sure to choose a topic that you feel you will enjoy exploring and spending some time on. I particularly give kudos to writers who are imaginative in exploring common topics, ex: new takes on topics, comparison/ contrast papers and the like. As an example, don’t just write about the Greek Theatre. Write about how the Greeks may have influenced modern theatre today. Please keep in mind however that these are not opinion papers. They show factual, proven information. You must have at least 4 sources for your papers, though I prefer you to have 5. This means don’t use one of your 3 or 5 sources as your main source. Use them all. That is why you have them.