Students will explore and evaluate insights based on population health data using the Common Ground
website. Final evaluation reports will be submitted in the form of a brief scholarly essay (250–400
words; note that this is shorter than usual). Reports are due before the start of Week 11 live session.
Students will engage in an offline group discussion during which they will provide feedback on two students’
Begin by visiting the Common Ground Health website (www.commongroundhealth.org). Hover over
the Insights tab and select the Insight Library menu option. Take some time to explore the hundreds of
population health results that are available.
Once you have selected a result to focus on, download an image of the data tables and include it as
part of your 250- to 400-word essay that addresses the following:
• Describe the general topic explored by the data tables.
• Explain in detail the data that the tables present. If there are multiple tables, explain each one.
Describe the variables explored and how they are represented; don’t just state the result. For
example: “The first table is a bar chart that shows the percentage of adults that have health
insurance (y-axis) and how this depends on annual income (x-axis).”
• Describe how the data was obtained and some of the key results highlighted by Common
• Explain why you chose this particular data graph and any thoughts you have about theresults.
• What organizations or agencies might be interested in these data? What are some possible
changes in action or policies that might be motivated by these data?
• Be certain that an image of the data you are interpreting is included as part of your essay