The book is Born for Love – Why Empathy is Essential by Bruce Perry. You can find it on audiobook.
1) How do you think our mirror neurons and responsive systems can make our experience worse when we and those around us are stressed? Respond in one
full paragraph with specific examples from the chapter.
2) How can the mirror neurons help us to regulate ourselves? Provide an example from your personal/professional learning environment.
3) How might the extended family and community living situations that the authors talk about in the introduction help us to better regulate? Always be
explicit and provide examples to current developments using psychological terms and concepts from the book. Respond in one full paragraph with specific
4) Which part of the chapter most interested you? Why? Use relevant vocabulary when explaining psychological concepts/theories. Provide examples from
the book ;and explain in your own words. Respond in one full paragraph.
5) Connect the chapter content to current events. You may also relate the chapter on people’s personal experience with stress. How ado they cope with
stress? Use the newly acquired vocabulary from the book. Respond in one full paragraph with specific examples.
6) Conclusion & Critical Question: What are your concluding thoughts about this weeks readings? What do you expect to learn further or would like to do
more independent research on? Raise a critical question based on the readings for further discussion. Respond to at least two different peer-posts and go
beyond liking their posts. Rehearse your learning using various perspectives and the language of psychology.