CAPSTONE PAPER RUBRIC
b. Final Capstone Paper. (100 points). A final paper of no less than 7 pages “WHAT DOES GENERALIST SOCIAL
WORK PRACTICE MEAN FOR ME?”. The paper will be typed, double-spaced, with a bibliography and all sources properly credited with citations (more than 5 citation sources). The organization and the quality of your writing as well as following the
instructions will constitute 10 points towards your grade on the paper. In this paper, you should demonstrate your integration of curriculum learning and practice. This paper must
have a minimum of four sections as follows:
A. Vision – What is your view of the social work profession’s responsibility to contribute to a just society? What strengths do you possess to contribute to this vision? What knowledge and skills will you need to develop to meet this responsibility? What mechanisms will you use for self-evaluation as you develop
into a mature professional social worker?
B. Generalist social work practice – What is your understanding of generalist social work practice?
C. How has the following contributed to your understanding of generalist social work practice?
1. Specific courses or course work
2. Specific concepts, methods, or theories from your reading
3. Specific course assignments
4. Specific experiences from your practice, both the CLC and the Senior practice
5. Your involvement in social work student activities.
6. Your life experiences
7. Other experiences not listed above
D. Apply your understanding of generalist practice to ONE of the following: 20 points.
1. A social issue
2. A particular client population
3. A particular practice setting
4. A client case that you create (not a real person)
5.The kind of social work that you want to practice in the future.