prepare a PowerPoint presentation (with detailed speaker notes).
Your team is tasked with improving the external and internal operations by redesigning the flow of materials from 2nd/3rd tier suppliers to IN-N-OUT Burger’s
distribution centers to its restaurant and finally to its customers. Your will also redesign the internal operations process flow to minimize customer wait time
by eliminating all bottlenecks. Reference PowerPoint handout slides for examples:
• Presentation formatting and examples – PowerPoint File (5.45 MB)
Slides should be professional:
• Simple background (other than white or black)
• Effective use of graphics, such as company logos, photos of products, etc.
• Clean wording: key words only (consider 5×5: no more than 5 bullets per slide, no more than 5 words per bullet)
o Audience should be listening to you, not reading your slides
o Exception may be quoted definitions that require the audience’s attention
• Effective use of animation – build slides to keep your audience focused on what you are saying
o Do NOT mix several types animations or use too extreme options (e.g. flying, spins, etc.)
• Legible: use large enough fonts, colors should be high-contrast for projectors (light text on dark background or dark text on light background)
• Quantity of slides should match your presentation’s pace: no faster than 1 minute per slide, a single topic per slide (i.e., not too much)