For this first transcript, please use the following:
(3) 2 Early 20’s
(4) Mild Anxiety and Depression
You can develop any presenting problem you prefer while creating the transcript.
It is important that after each comment the counselor makes, that the microskill being used is noted in parenthesis.
Here is the list of skill that need to be present at least 2x each in the transcript:
(1) Opening Skill (I.E. “Can you elaborate?” or “Can you tell me more?”)
(2) Minimal Encourager (I.E. ” Uh-huh” or “I see” or “I understand” or “Ok” or “I’m with you.”)
(3) Reflective skills of feelings (I.E. “It sounds like you are still carrying around a lot of guilt about what happened.” or “You feel angry and really don’t want your son talking to you that way.” or “It sounds like your work situation is really starting to worry you.”)
(4) Paraphrasing (I.E. “Example: Client: I have just broken up with Jason. The way he was treating me was just too much to bear. Every time I tried to touch on the subject with him, he would just clam up. I feel so much better now. Counselor: You feel much better after breaking up with Jason.”)
(5) Reflection of Meaning (I.E. “You must feel lost because the dream of having a child was so important to you.”)
(6) Challenging (I.E. “Your laughing and smiling leads me to think the problem is not serious and at the same time with what you have shared it seems it has been very painful.” or “I am a little confused, you say you are not social and yet you share about all the activities you have done this past month with friends.” or “At times you say your children are the most important people in your life and at the same time you are spending all your free time playing pool at the local bar.”)
(7) Assessment (I.E. “When was the last time you felt comfortable?” or “How long have you been experiencing this worry?”
(8) Goal Setting (I.E. “How would you do that?” or “Would you like to try [blank]?” or”So, what do you see yourself doing next?” or “What will be your next step?”)