Prepare a 3000+/- 10% word essay that covers what you have learnt from your research and analysis while investigating the Coca-Cola company for the summative 1/ Simulation Evaluation Report. Demonstrate the Kolb’s learning cycle in the essay.
1) Executive summary of the reflective essay (200 words) – 5 marks
(An executive summary should summarize the key points of the essay. It should restate the purpose of the essay, highlight the major points of the essay, and describe any results, conclusions, or recommendations from the essay/ reflections for future business key actions).
2) Introduction (The scope of the reflective essay) (300 words) – 5 marks
General background on the topic you are going to discuss. Possible definitions for terms relating to the question. What the essay will include and/or leave out (scope). What themes the essay will discuss and the order they are presented. What the essay will argue / demonstrate.
3) Identified events (700 words) -15 marks
Reflect your learning while identifying the analyzing the events from the Coca-Cola company in summative 1. Reflect REAL life example from practice as identified in business case/ assignment 1
Sample References – https://investors.coca-colacompany.com/news-events/press-releases
4) Review and Discussion of relevant theories and practices (1000 words) -35 marks
Critically Review and Discuss the relevant theories and practices found in The Coca-Cola company in summative 1
Theories to include:-
a) Internal & External environment
– Internal: Value system, Mission and Objectives, Organizational structure, Corporate culture, Human resources, Physical & technological resources (production capacity, distribution, technology and efficiency, logistics etc), Technological capabilities (the ability to innovate, compete), Stakeholder Engagement Matrix.
– Micro- environment factors: (Customers, suppliers, marketing intermediaries, competitor analysis, financial institutions, the public)
– Macro -environment
b) Strategic Tools – PESTLE, SWOT, Porter’5 analysis
c) Kurt Lewin’s change model – for strategy change implementation
d) Leadership theories – Transformational, Visionary required for change implementation
e) Business Sustainability
f) Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility – include examples of scandals and CSR initiatives of Coca-cola
g) The Business Model – Business model must create an architecture that coordinates a wide variety of actors and their investments.
h) Strategic Planning and Business performance.
– Balanced score card
– Financial indicators i.e ratio analysis
– Non -financial indicators – Sales Growth, Competitiveness (market share),
i) Computer-based Business Simulation vs New technologies Artificial intelligence/data analytics application for decision making.
5) Conclusion, Future Plans, and recommendations (800 words) -25 marks
Conclude with the key points of your reflection. State future actions are derived from practice and research
6) Reference list ~ 25 – 30 – 15 marks