Companies need staff. Some positions require specialized training while others are considered entry-level and do not require education, certification, licensure, or advanced skills. An array of workers is crucial for smooth-running operations.
Session Long Project 2 Resources
Understanding America’s Labor Shortage (2022)
Should Companies Retrain Staff and Avoid Layoffs? (2022)
How did employment change during the COVID-19 pandemic? Evidence from a new BLS survey supplement (2022)
How Manufacturers Can Create a Talent Pipeline and Close the Post-Pandemic Skills Gap (2021)
Should Talent Be an Extension of Technology, or Vice Versa? (2021)
U.S. Labor Trends
Use the DATA AND SCENARIOS file for this assignment.
• Research general trends in the United States labor force since 2020. This section should be ½ a page in length.
Pandemic Industry Hiring Trends
• Research the assigned Industry Hiring in Pandemic and explain why an increased workforce was required to support operations during the pandemic. Is the hiring expected to be temporary? This section should be ½ a page in length.
• Research the assigned Industry Layoffs due to Pandemic and explain why a smaller workforce was required to support operations during the pandemic. Are the layoffs expected to be temporary? This section should be ½ a page in length.
• Research and explain two workforce hiring trends that are expected to be used to support business operations in 2022 and beyond. (Research Support Required – look for articles no more than 3 years old). This section should be 1 page in length.
No quotations are permitted in this paper. Since you are engaging in research, cite and reference the sources in APA format. NOTE: failure to use research with accompanying citations to support content will result in reduced scoring “Level 2-Developing” across the grading rubric. This is a professional paper, not a personal one based on feelings. It must be written in the third person. This means words like “I,” “we,” and “you” are not appropriate.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Use the template (OPM300 SLP2) to create your submission.
• The template is set up in APA 7: double-spacing, font, margins, headings, page breaks, APA help links.
Your submission will include:
• A paper with APA citations (2- to 3-sentence introduction, 2½ -page body, 2- to 3-sentence conclusion)
• The reference list page in APA format