Not all deviance is crime, and not all crimes are considered deviant. For example, jaywalking is technically against the law in many places, however it is so commonplace that it is likely to be considered the norm rather than a deviant act. By contrast, many forms of deviance are not against the law, no matter how unusual they may seem; for example, in some locations nudity is not illegal, nor is the use of recreational marijuana, nor intimate arrangements such as polyamory. For this assignment, you must choose a type of deviance that is also a crime — that is, it is illegal — and apply our course concepts to the illegal deviance.
Your Presentation must explore the following:
1) Select a type of deviance that is ALSO a crime – that is, it is illegal. Describe this behavior and how it impacts society, giving solid statistical data to explain the scope of the problem.
2) Integrating information from the course readings and materials, how would a positivist explain the deviant behavior you selected?
3) Integrating information from the course readings and materials, how would a social constructionist explain the deviant behavior you selected?
Please uses the source below along with others:
Goode, E. (2016). Deviant behavior (11th ed.). Routledge.
4) Define TWO sociological concepts/theories from our course materials — OTHER than positivism or social constructionism — that relate to your example of deviance and analyze how these concepts/theories help to better understand the deviance you are discussing.
Note – Concepts may include ideas such as class, gender, race, ethnicity, stratification, disability, and many others — these are just examples. You need to choose concepts that make sense in your analysis. Sociological theories may include conflict theory, feminist theory, symbolic interactionism, functionalism and others. These are just examples; you need to choose theories that make sense in your analysis.
Do not use unverifiable, secondary sites such as Wikipedia, about.com, ask.com, and similar. Use peer-reviewed journal articles and other scholarly sources.
Your presentation should utilize sound critical thought and full APA references at the end.
The structure of the Presentation must include the following:
— TITLE SLIDE/SECTION (1 slide)
— BODY OF PRESENTATION WITH SUBHEADINGS (8 slides minimum)
— REFERENCE SLIDE/SECTION (1-2 slides)
• Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, 1″ margins, times new roman 12 pt font, and saved as .doc, .docx, .pdf.
• Use APA format for citations and references
• View the grading rubric so you understand how you will be assessed on this Assignment.
• Disclaimer- Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
• This course has “Resubmission” status enabled to help you if you realized you submitted an incorrect or blank file, or if you need to submit multiple documents as part of your Assignment. Resubmission of an Assignment after it is grades, to attempt a better grade, is not permitted.