Assignment Guidelines: Using Microsoft Office Power Point, create a slide presentation using the textbook definition of a **Classic: A literary work that continues to be read for years, even centuries, after its initial appearance because it remains relevant. Or a **Masterpiece: Here a literary work acknowledged to tower above others of its time because of its style execution, memorable characters, or profound meaning; not necessarily recognized in its time.
Select a film, tv show, or a song that you consider a Masterpiece or a Classic and illustrate three research-based reasons why it fits that particular definition. Be sure to use the following outline:
1. Slide 1—Title Slide—Include an MLA heading with Humanities Final Project-centered as the title. Feel free to include any additional elements related to your film, tv show, or song for added creativity.
2. Slide 2—Introductory Slide—write a summary about your film, tv show, or song. Include answers to who, what, when, where, why, and how to give the reader enough background information about it. Include a link or embed a clip to illustrate a sample of your chosen film, tv show, or song.
3. Slides 3, 4, 5—Explain reasons using research from outside sources to support your reasoning for it being a Masterpiece or a Classic. This means MLA citations will be needed for any quoted material included and a Works Cited slide listing all sources used. Label these slides as follows: Reason 1, Reason 2, Reason 3.
4. Slide 6—Explanation Slide—What is your connection to the piece and why did you select this particular film, tv show, or song?
5. Slide 7—Use Works Cited as the title for the last slide. A minimum of 2 outside sources using the proper MLA format should be listed on the Works Cited slide.