Go to the Texas Education Agency webpage. Using the A to Z Index, go to “PEIMS Financial Reports”. Look up your own district – Alief
– In a two to three page paper citing references, discuss these questions. Write as a comprehensive paper and not simple question answer format.
– How much is the total district revenue for your district? Alief independent school district
– How much is the revenue per student?
– What percentage of the revenue is from local sources? State sources? Why do you think that the federal revenue amount is listed at such a low percentage when it is actually much higher? (10-13%)
– What is the fund balance?
– How much are total expenditures?
– Look at expenditures by function and comment about expenditure amounts that surprised you or that are noteworthy.