Write a brief statement (no more than 3-4 paragraphs) providing some background of your client group and the problem as it pertains to them.
– Client Group: Woman age range 20’s to 40’s
– Problem: Somatic Symptom Disorder
– Population: United States
– Intervention: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (alternative:
– My Research Statement: If a woman in her mid-20’s to
mid-40’s displays signs of having a somatic symptom disorder,
cognitive behavioral therapy or mindfulness-based therapy
was recommended, then which method will be more effective
in managing the symptoms?
******INCLUDE THESE ELEMENTS: ******
– Focus and purpose of your study
– Basic information about the population and the problem that
– Introduce your intervention(s) and what the desired outcome is
if you implemented the intervention.
– Your research question stated specifically
-APA style guidelines
-12 point font in Times New Roman
-Use at least 5 articles.
-Reference page & in-text citations in APA
-This assignment should be no more than 1 page long; second
page should be your References
Questions to guide you as you complete this assignment: (Do not try to answer all of them, do not list them; they are meant to guide you).
– Why is this topic important?
– What is the detailed background information of this topic or
issue? (this tells me why the issue is important)
– Discuss the population you are looking at.
– How many within this population are dealing with this issue?
– What are the factors or issues that may lead up to this
population having this problem? (think of risk factors and
– What are the outcomes for this population if this issue is not
– What are the causes of the problem area?
– What are the consequences of the problem area?