Modified for Online Environment:
1. Students will collect at a minimum of 14 data points from an app that they download either to their mobile
device or computer. This will be done through the tracking feature on the app. Check out
https://onemindpsyberguide.org/ (Links to an external site.) to locate a tracking app that is relevant to
2. Students will define the dependent and independent variables that the app targets.
3. Students will identify the model and/or theory that the app uses in the intervention.
4. Students will state whether or not they followed the app protocol (participated in app features) which
parts – how often – at what point in data collection.
5. Students will use the first 7 measurements (or 1st half) of app use as the baseline and 8th through 14th
(or 2nd half) of measurements for intervention.
6. Students will either use graph provided by app (by downloading or through screen shot) or create a
graph by giving numerical data provided by app and insert that into their paper.7. Students will use clinical judgment and explain the rationale behind judgment to determine if there was
change between baseline and intervention.
I. Dependent/Independent Variable (conception)
a. Theory and or model used in the intervention (with steps)
b. Followed intervention (which parts – how often – at what point in data collection)
II. Download or screenshot of graph
a. Clinical judgment of effectiveness
b. Rationale for judgment
The student will design and conduct a single system evaluation of clinical work (OR FROM DATA
COLLECTED ON APP).
students may choose to conduct a single system evaluation using self-ratings
Students must complete the following steps:
1. Identify the target behavior or goal (i.e., behavior to be changed).
2. Identify the intervention (provide an evidence-based rationale).
3. Design a multiple-baseline single system evaluation (across targets, settings or systems).
4. Select a practical and valid outcome measure (provide rationale) that can be repeatedly assessed over
5. Implement the design and gather data over a six week time period (OR SEVEN DATA POINTS).
6. Plot a graph of the baseline & intervention outcome phases.
7. Explain your findings and describe how these findings inform a potential program design within the field
This is an excellent article that shows how apps can be used with clients to help them meet their goals
(using the evidence collection method of single system design): Using data collection apps and single-case
designs to research transformative learning in adults.pdfPreview the document
APP USED: MOOD TRACKER
TRACKING GENERAL WELLBEING
MANAGING STRESS LEVEL