– Subject : Risk Management in Engineering
– Task3 -Risk Paper is in the IEEE style include two quantitative methods are implemented
– The writer must be an engineering major with knowledge of Risk Management
– It is (very important) to look at the word Criteria sheet file (attached) step by step (very important).
– (be careful) about plagiarism and similarity-Turnitin can only indicate where and when a text appears similar to another text.
– Assessment Task 3 – Risk Paper
– This task is related to Assessmet 1 (I attached assessment 2 just to help you)
– Length: 6-8 pages in IEEE format.
– I attached the template you should write in it
– Intent: For students to research their topic, assess, evaluate, and treat risks using quantitative risk assessment and risk-based decision-making techniques in a case study.
– Students research their topic to understand the elements and parameters involved. They learn and apply appropriate quantitative techniques to conduct a risk assessment to verify the magnitude of the risk exposure in terms of deaths/injuries/damages/costs in one of the case studies prepared in assessment 1. Then, they explore different risk reduction options and select the best option(s) considering the time, cost, quality and scope constraints using a risk-based decision-making technique. All of these are presented through a scientific paper following the IEEE template and referencing style which are used in engineering journals.
– Minimum requirements
• Original implementation of two quantitative risk assessment /decision making techniques
• 6 to 8 pages (including references and appendices) in IEEE template (attached )
• Papers without relevant and original risk technique implementation or not conforming to the IEEE style or page limits are not marked
To have a thorough understanding of what constitutes engineering risk management and how theories, concepts, methods, etc. can be employed in industrial practice, this assignment provides the opportunity for students to put their knowledge into practice by implementing the quantitative risk assessment and risk-based decision making methods in a case study investigated in assessment 1. As it is vital for students to be able to communicate and present their results in their disciplines, the IEEE template which is used by many engineering journals and conferences is adopted for the sake of presentation.
1. By now, you have selected your topic and case studies.
2. Research your topic by reading and analysing at least 10 recent journal papers.
3. Study Canvas Module 6 before starting to write your paper to learn the structure, components and ingredients of a scientific paper.(Attached)
4. Decide a good title for your paper considering your topic and case study. Title should accurately reflect the paper main idea and its content.
5. Write a 200-words abstract including motivation for the study, objective(s), methods, and results and interpretation.
6. Write a good introduction including contextualization, topic importance, case study introduction, paper objective(s), problem-solving approach, and finally the paper structure.
7. Review the literature including problem background and related works, more recent references would be better. The main keyword definitions should be presented here. You may have some subsections to organize this section very well.
8. Develop a research methodology to assess and reduce risks. You need to incorporate at least two techniques in the research methodology from the literature. Do not limit yourselves to the subject materials. The methodology should be logical and robust to support the discussion
9. Implement the research methodology in the case study step by step and present the results. Analyse the results and highlight major findings. Tables and figures should be represented in high quality with adequate explanation.
10. Discuss the results and do a sensitivity analysis to make sure the results are reliable. Propose some risk reduction strategies and show unacceptable risks are managed. Limitations of the work must be listed as well.
11. Write a conclusion of what have been done for what purpose, what are the findings, and propose some future research directions.
12. All content must be written without grammatical errors in IEEE template (Attached) and must be fully referenced. Include references at the end of paper consistently aligned with IEEE style.
13. Therefore, the paper follows below structure:
▪ Theoretical background (literature review)
▪ Research methodology
▪ Implementation and results (case study)
▪ Conclusion and future works