The objective of this paper is a critical analysis of one of the topics listed below, or a topic of choice and your application of the course content. Your paper will cover the “history” (1776 to present) of the topic, as well as the impact that your topic has had on public administration and the development of this country. You will consider the actions of government and consider – whether it was appropriate, would you have done the same, alternate options/recommendations.
In your paper you will reflect on course content like:
• Constitutional Foundation – was this what the Founders’ intended?
• Public Purpose – what public purpose was the administration trying to meet?
• Federalism/Public Management – how is this being managed? Is it effective?
• Historical/Political Context – what where the “conditions” that influenced policies/decisions made?
• Private Partners in Public Administration – what was the purpose of the partnerships?
• Weber’s Model Bureaucracy
• And other topics in the book ….
The paper should be 4 pages in length, single-spaced with 11-point font and in APA format.
1. Clarity of Prose – is the paper grammatically, correct? Are there any typos?
2. Well-Structured Argument – Does the argument lead to logical conclusion? Is the point of view easy to follow?
3. Evidence Supporting Arguments – Arguments are supported by research? Research used effectively.
4. Realistic Conclusion to Solve Problem – Conclusions appear reasonable and attainable?
5. Citation – Are sources cited correctly? Are they accurate, reputable sources?