Objective: Through the lens of visual merchandising, observe and analyse the in-store entertainment
concepts that draw customers into the physical stores.
1) First, conduct online research on the leading retailers which use in-store entertainment and share a brief
comparison of the various retailers you researched.
2) Afterwards, you are expected to visit three different physical retail stores (if the situation prevents you to
do so, you can continue doing research online) and complete an analysis report based on your
observations. You will evaluate, describe, and analyse three different retailtainment concepts. Explain your
choice. Observe shopping experiences that improves the performance of your selected retailers and how
they translate into increased foot traffic.
3) The word limit for this assignment is 1,000 – 1,500 words, excluding the word count of this assignment
template. This does not include visuals, which are an important and inseparable part of the assignment.
There is no space limit for the appendices; however, they should not take up more than 5 additional pages.
4) Format: The assignment must be done in an 8 ½’ by 11’. All written assignments must be typed, doublespaced, in 12-point font, with 1” margins on all sides, use APA style guide references, with a standard
cover page attached.
5) This assignment must be saved as a Word or PDF file and submitted to D2L.
6) Refer to the Lab Report Marking Rubric as a guide for how to approach this assignment. I am looking for
organization, amount and quality of information and visual documentation. Pictures must be chosen to
enhance the understanding of the trend and help the reader understand your choice. They must be
7) This Retail Lab can be completed using the sources from Internet with no need to physically visit a store.