• Mortgage industry professional with over 4 years of underwriting experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of conventional and government loans.
• Thorough in gathering borrower information, verifying loan document and reviewing file documentation to guide each loan from preapproval to closing
• Computer savvy in MS Office suite and proprietary mortgage processing software.
• Highly motivated multi-tasker who can prioritize to ensure all projects are completed accurately and on time.
• Working knowledge of FHA, FHLMC, FNMA and HUD servicing guidelines, individual state FC, BK and EV guidelines.
• Advanced knowledge on residential mortgage loan documents (Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Eviction, modification) and document functions.
• Team player and detail oriented.
Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power pivot, Outlook, Power Point and Publisher, different loan software (Calyx, LendingQB and Encompass) Proficient in Customer Service, Citrix, CsPro, Lotus, Avaya, Aim, PKT, SPD and Mortgage software Programs (MSP)
First home Mortgage Washington dc
Mortgage Underwriter August 2018 – Present
• Analyze loan applications to identify any risk issues.
• Underwrite Conventional, FHA, and VA loan applications ensuring credit quality standards.
• Verify the accuracy of all calculations.
• Assist with maintaining compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
• Examine and analyze assets, liabilities, income, and debt information related to applicants, in order to make a credit decision.
• Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU, LP).
• Underwrites first time home buyers’ loan, refinancing and modifications.
• Process loan by making sure the borrower has provided all the necessary paperwork, and that all the information is accurate
• Complete a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and government guidelines and standards.
• Serve as guide for borrower though out the loan approval process to ensure that all questions are answered, and borrowers’ expectations are met.
• Underwrites loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance, communicates with borrower to verify information and ensure that all required documents are provided.
• Underwrites mortgage loan applications and evaluates loans to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss.
• Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals.
• Ensured loan submittals met internal and external eligibility requirements.
• Maintains a pipeline of loan file audit/review inventory, meet production requirements, and communicate status to management.
• Develops and maintains an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans.
• Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision.
• Evaluates Tax and title review to determine and document loan conditions and communicating requirements and /or fraud exposure.
Home Community Mortgage, Maryland
Mortgage Underwriter, May 2016 – July 2018
• Review and evaluate information and documentation on mortgage loans, home equity loans, and home equity lines of credit to determine if borrower and/or property meets prescribed loan standards.
• Perform data input and reconcile LP and DU findings to ensure data integrity and compliance.
• Evaluated the financial strength of borrowers to determine risk and repayment capacity.
• Working effectively with loan officers to ensure every option available is made to find best
loan programs available to the borrower.
• Examine and analyze assets, liabilities, income and debt information related to applicants,
in order to make a credit decision.
• Demonstrated excellent follow up with borrowers, loan processors, loan originators and management throughout all phases of the underwriting process.
• Demonstrated proficiency in automated underwriting applications and ability to assess results.
• Make independent decisions regarding acceptability of loan files and approval/denial of
• Maintained a great attention to detail in underwriting mortgages.
• Leveraged knowledge of loan products to help restructure turned-down loans for subsequent approvals.
• Maintained compliance with lending, underwriting and government requirements.
• Demonstrated excellent follow-through with borrowers, loan processors, loan
originators and management throughout all phases of the underwriting process.
• Maintained In and outbound calls with customers for requirement gathering and
providing solutions to customer queries.