Write an introduction speech for a famous person/celebrity
• The speech must be AT LEAST 1 minute long (how many words do you think?)
• Three-part structure (
• Do not reveal the person/celebrity’s name until THE END of the speech
Observe the language used
Observe the three-part structure
Can the audience infer who is it?
What relative clauses are used?
How could they have used participle clauses?
Structure of an introduction speech
• Opener – the opening, ice-breaker or attention grabber
• Main Body – Who the speaker is, what is their background and their achievements
• Confirmation – Confirm and repeat the speaker’s name and their credentials