Discussion 2: The Rational Approach Model vs. Other Change Management Models
We have focused on the Rational Approach Model for planning and implementing change. For this Discussion, focus on other change management models and think about how they can be used to strengthen your change plan. Are there any areas where the Rational Approach Model might fall short? Are there other change models you could use to achieve sustained change?
To prepare for this Discussion:
As you prepare for this Discussion, you will need to objectively critique your planned change through the lens of other change models. You will begin by categorizing the type of change that you have proposed from Mathur (2013). Next, you will use the Graetz & Smith (2010) article to identify which 2–3 philosophies of change most match your perspective of change. Then, you will compare these different change models to the Rational Approach Model. Finally, you will apply these new philosophies to your proposed change plan and conclude how they may enhance or hinder your plan.
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
· Employee Motivation, Adjustment – See attachment
· Collaborating for Systemic Change – See attachment
· Graetz, (2010), Managing organizational Change – See attachment
Post a cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience. Be sure to discuss the following:
· Categorize the type of change that you have proposed for your organization and provide evidence for this categorization using the Mathur (2013) article.
· Identify which of the Graetz & Smith (2010) philosophies of change match your perspective of change.
· Compare how these different approaches to change relate to or differ from the Rational Approach Model within the context of your proposed change.
· Apply the identified philosophies to your proposed change. Analyze how well they “fit” the type of change that is being proposed, and identify any areas of weakness you have found within your proposed change.
· Conclude whether an approach, other than the Rational Approach Model, might better fit your organization and your proposed change. If not, explain how the Rational Approach Model is most appropriate in this instance.
· 3 – 4 paragraphs
· No plagiarism
· APA citing