NUR 3045 Group Formal Paper Rubric
Background information on the Assigned Population: 25%
1. Migratory history, demographics
2. Identify physiological, environmental, psychosocial factors that influence communication within members of the group and with persons outside the group.
3. Explain the influence of their beliefs on their health practices.
4. Identify 3-4 barrier factors that influence the provision of culturally competent health care.
5. Identify at least one ethical dilemma that may occur in the
delivery of health care.
Analysis of the Culture using a Culturally Competent Model: 30%
1. Select one cultural assessment model to evaluate your assigned Population.
2. Explain the model.
3. Apply this model to your assigned cultural group.
4. Using this model, develop a plan of care at it relates to culturally diverse needs of this cultural group.
• Include 2-3 highest priority health care needs.
• Use an interdisciplinary approach including community resources, governmental organizations, non-for profit organizations, outreach centers, religious organizations and hospital provided community activities and professional associations like nursing and health care
• Identify other Health Care Professionals that should be
included in your plan (interdisciplinary)
1. Explain your role as a cultural broker for this population; identify two culturally sensitive /competent strategies to be implemented.
2. Explain why they are appropriate for your assigned population.
3. Include strategies to overcome the identified barriers in the
1. Develop a tool to evaluate the effectiveness of your plan of health care.
2. Place a copy of the tool in your paper.
3. Explain how this tool will be implemented- how the results will be collected.
Write a summary of all key points and recommendations in detail.
References: Do not boldface the word References
1. Include title (do not boldface the title) page, abstract, running head, citations and references.
2. References Minimum of 5 (textbook is one source):
a) Article Citations from journals must be within the last 3 years unless it is considered a sentinel work
b) Citations may include interviews
3. Organization of paper followed rubric outline.
4. APA Style, grammar, spelling and syntax.
Organize your paper following this rubric outline. Use these headings and