You are tasked with:
• defining business rules beyond the information given so that you can complete your database work
• create your tables complete with examples of the data that should be contained in those tables
• defining any primary and foreign keys
• creating a crow’s foot ERD for your database
Here is your assigned scenario:
Patient: Create a sample Electronic Health Record for your patient in a tobacco cessation clinic.
1. Each patient is assigned to one tobacco cessation provider. One provider can see many patients
2. Patients can choose one of three interventions
1. Nicotene gum
3. No medication
3. Insurance will pay for 10 visits with the counselor
4. The clinic has 2 locations. North Clinic and South Clinic
5. Visit times are either AM or PM
Your submission should include:
• A list of business rules written so that your ‘customer’ would understand how their database is designed.
• A crow’s foot ERD for your database that demonstrates your understanding of
o naming conventions
o primary and foreign keys
• Tables showing 3-5 records for each entity.
As a rubric, use the “Data Modeling Checklist” to evaluate your work.