Guiding Questions: Concept Map
This document is designed to give you questions to consider and additional guidance to help you successfully complete the Concept Map assessment. You may find it useful to use this document as a pre-writing exercise, as an outlining tool, or as a final check to ensure that you have sufficiently addressed all the grading criteria for this assessment. This document is a resource to help you complete the assessment. Do not turn in this document as your assessment submission.
Part 1: Concept Map
Develop an evidence-based concept map that illustrates a plan for achieving high-quality outcomes for a condition that has impaired glucose or metabolic imbalance as related aspects.
· Does your concept map fully illustrate the case study, the diagnostic and treatment connections for the condition in the case study, the specific metabolic or glucose-related aspects of the condition, and interprofessional strategies?
· Does your concept map contain all the relevant sections and connections that are present in the example concept map that is most closely related to yours?
· Does your concept map illustrate the desired high-quality outcomes of treatment in the context of your chosen case study?
· Did you use at least 3–5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence as the basis for your concept map?
· Note: You will need to further discuss the value and relevance of this evidence in your narrative. However, be sure to cite where specific evidence or sources were used in your concept map.
· The evidence you cite should be no more than five years old.
Part 2: Additional Evidence (Narrative)
Justify the value and relevance of the evidence you used as the basis for your concept map.
· Have you noted why the evidence you have presented in your concept map is valuable and relevant to the case study you are using as the basis for the concept map?
· Have you explained why each particular piece of evidence is appropriate to the case study you are using?
· Have you explained the linkage between the evidence and the specific metabolic or glucose-related aspects of the condition from your chosen case study?
· Have you explained why the evidence you have used is the best available? In other words, how is it linked to best practices, professional or regulatory guidelines, et cetera?
Analyze how interprofessional strategies applied to the concept map can lead to achievement of desired outcomes.
· What interprofessional strategies are most applicable to the context of the case study that you are using as the basis for the concept map?
· Why are these interprofessional strategies appropriate in the context of the case study and your concept map?
· What are the desired outcomes in your concept map (or for the case study that you are using)?
· How will the interprofessional strategies you deemed appropriate and applicable help to achieve the desired outcomes?
· What potential challenges might you need to address to best implement the interprofessional strategies and achieve the desired outcomes?
· Remember, the evidence you cite should be no more than five years old.
Address Generally Throughout Both Parts
Construct concept map and linkage to additional evidence in a way that facilitates understanding of key information and links.
· Is your concept map clearly presented?
· Are the links between the evidence and your diagnostic, treatment, or other care decisions clear and justified?
· Is your writing in both the concept map and the narrative clear and professional?
· Is your writing free from errors?
· Is your narrative submission 2–3 pages (not including the title page and reference list)?
· Are you communicating in an ethical way?
· Are you communicating honestly?
Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
· Did you use 3–5 sources in your assessment?
· Are the sources you used no more than five years old?
· Are your sources cited in APA format throughout the concept map and narrative?
· Have you included an attached reference list?
· Did you use the APA Paper Template for the proper formatting and to include a running head and title page?