From your textbook, answer Chapter 8 Review Questions 1, 5, 8, and 9 on page 233 and Chapter 9 Review
Questions 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 page 258. Open a Word document and type the questions and answers in complete
sentences (write more than one sentence answers) and save. Do not just copy from your textbook to prevent
plagiarism and a score of zero.
1. Make a distraction between the term’s differentiation and disengagement.
2. Independence is as important to the elderly as working or parenting is to the young adult. Discuss.
3. What is the difference between advance directives, a living will, and health care agency?
4. What are Comfort Measures Only?
5. How does racism hurt us all?
6. If you believe that lean is healthy, how would go about convincing a 50-year-old obese male with diabetes
that he needs to drop pounds if he comes from a background where eating defines family life and a large build
is highly valued?
7. If racial lines are used to set up interviewers versus interviewees, as in the classic experiment cited in this
chapter, describe how you believe the outcome would differ today.
8. What are the problems with “attribution” judgements?
9. How might you as an individual make significant change in this country?