ENC 1101: NARRATIVE CHAPTER ANALYSIS PAGES 95-109
READ AND ANNOTATE THE FOLLOWING
• NARRATIVE DEFINITION
• NARRATIVE WRITING PROCESS
• NARRATIVE THESIS STATEMENT
• TRANSITIONAL WORD USAGE (PAGE 55)
• NARRATIVE ARRANGEMENT
• REVISING NARRATIVE GRAMMAR
• NARRATIVE EXAMPLES
• NARRATIVE PEER EDIT WORKSHEET REVISE
ENC 1101: 3RD PERSON NARRATIVE
YOUR NEXT ESSAY IS A 3RD PERSON NARRATIVE. YOU WILL BE WRITING YOUR NARRATIVE STORY BASED ON YOURSELF. YOU WILL ASK YOURSELF QUESTIONS AND RESPOND IN 3RD PERSON. THEN YOU WILL USE THE WRITING PROCESS AND CHAPTER NOTES TO CONSTRUCT YOUR 3RD PERSON NARRATIVE. FOLLOW ALL MLA INSTRUCTIONS AND WRITING PROCESS GUIDELINES. SEE THE FOLLOWING PAGES FOR INFORAMTION AND INSTRUCTION.
3RD PERSON NARRATIVE ESSAY IS DUE 8/3/20 IN MLA FORMAT SEE BELOW
INTERVIEW: English 1101: Students will answer the following questions. (3rd PERSON analysis) Answer all questions then draft the interview narrative. You will write an interview analysis in 3rd person about yourself. (See Example)
• Full Name (first, middle, last)
• What is your ethnicity / nationality?
• Birthday and Place of Birth (Details if known)
• FIVE adjectives that describe your character / reasons why those adjectives describe you (cannot use nice, cool, chill, slang words, must use interesting adjectives)
• How many siblings do you have? How would you describe your family life?
• What were your religious beliefs when you were younger, have those beliefs changed, evolved, or remained, explain?
• What middle school // high school did you attend? What type of student were you in Middle/High?
• What is your favorite subject in school? Why? What is your weakest subject in school? Why?
• Where do you see yourself in 10 years 2030? (EXPLAIN)
• What does HERO mean to you? What makes someone a HERO? Who in your life has been a hero? Why?
• Your favorite musical genre and three of your favorite artists, why?
• In the movie of your life what would the title of your movie be and who would play the role of you? Why?
• What is your major right now? What is your dream job? Are they the same or different (Major-Dream Job) Explain
• Describe one of your greatest accomplishments in life vs. the most difficult decision you have had to make in your life?
REVIEW ALL ANSWERS AND THE QUESTIONS THAT ASK WHY MUST BE ANSWERED!!!
INSTRUCTIONS : WRITING FORMAT: 3rd Person Interview
Narrative 5 paragraph essay
(PARAGRAPHS SHOULD BE AT LEST 7-10 SENTENCES IN LENGTH)
MLA FORMAT: 12 point font times new roman double spaced 4 line heading and last name header.
-Analysis: answer all questions using detailed description to create 3rd person narrative.
-Develop thesis: (EXAMPLE) I have the pleasure of exploring the past, present, and future of an amazing individual. (You can use this example thesis if you would like)
-INSTRUCTIONS: COMPLETE ANALYSIS QUESTIONS – THEN TURN THE DETAILED ANSWERS INTO A DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY. ARRANGE YOUR 5 PARAGRAPHS EXPLAINING YOUR PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE IN A 3RD PERSON NARRATIVE (SEE EXAMPLE)
PARAGRAPH 1 – THESIS, INTRODUCE IN 3RD PERSON, DEVELOP PLAN FOR THE READER
PARAGRAPH 2 – EXPLAIN PAST (USING DETAILED DESCRIPTIVE ANSWERS)
PARAGRAPH 3- EXPLAIN PRESENT (USING DETAILED DESCRIPTIVE ANSWERS)
PARAGRAPH 4- EXPLAIN FUTURE (USING DETAILED DECRIPTIVE ANSWERS)
PARAGRAPH 5- CONCLUSION (DESCRIBE THE AMAZING EXPERIENCE)
-3RD PERSON NARRATIVE ESSAY 5 PARAGRPAHS MLA FORMAT BASED ON A DETAILED PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE, USE CREATIVITY AND FOLLOW FORMAT INSTRUCTIONS (SEE EXAMPLE)