This essay is on: Khalil and Sheikh – Sufism in Western Historiography
This reflection essay should cover the following:
1. What are the key points the author(s) is trying to make?
2. Is the author making any assumptions in presenting his/her thesis?
3. What are some useful concepts the author is presenting?
4. What are the strengths or weaknesses of the reading and/or viewing?
5. How does the reading/viewing relate to previous readings and viewings?
6. What questions come to mind and how will you answer them?
When proof-reading your essays prior to submission, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Have I identified the key questions that the reading addresses?
2. Have I critically engaged with the key assigned readings and related them to the viewing?
3. Have I brought my own thoughts and experiences to bear on the topic?
4. Have I provided reasonable rationale and support for my views?
5. Have I presented my ideas coherently and consistently?