Week 2 Discussion
NSG6430 Practicum II: Family Health – Women’s Health CP01
Case Study: Family Medicine 32: 33-year-old female with painful periods.
For this assignment, you will complete an Aquifer case study based on the course objectives and weekly content. The Aquifer case emphasizes core learning objectives for an evidence-based primary care curriculum. Throughout your nurse practitioner program, you will use the Aquifer case studies to promote the development of clinical reasoning through the use of ongoing assessments and diagnostic skills and to develop patient care plans that are grounded in the latest clinical guidelines and evidence-based practice.
After completing your Aquifer Case Study, answer the following questions using the latest evidence-based guidelines:
• Discuss the questions that would be important to include when interviewing a patient with this issue.
• Describe the clinical findings that may be present in a patient with this issue.
• Are there any diagnostic studies that should be ordered on this patient? Why?
• List the primary diagnosis and three differential diagnoses for this patient. Explain your reasoning for each.
• Discuss your management plan for this patient, including pharmacologic therapies, tests, patient education, referrals, and follow-ups.
The case is attached to the order.