Choose one artist or architect. In this essay, fully discuss the artist and two art samples. Your paper should include:
• 2 page biography of the artist/architect.
• A description, formal analysis, and interpretation of 2 works of art/architecture by that artist (2 pages each).
Here is a summary of what you will submit:
• A 2 page biography of your artist
• A 2 page description, formal analysis, and interpretation of the first work of art
• A 2 page description, formal analysis, and interpretation for the second work of art
• In a conclusion, tell me why you chose this artist
This is a formal research paper, written in the third person, but please end with why you chose this artist.
DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA as a reference.
• You may use Museum websites or other scholarly sources.
• It is not necessary to include images. Please attach as a separate file if you do.
The Term Paper is a research paper with analysis. It is worth 100 points.
60 points: If the student demonstrates a clear understanding of the topic being discussed and addresses all required points in the writing prompt
20 points: If the student follows the Writing a Critique Guide provided for the analysis portion
10 points: If the student has proper formatting in MLA Style
10 points: If the student has no spelling or grammatical errors