Tutor’s guidance after the last meeting:
– Specify why social media is considered a weapon. Is it a weapon because of the power of the information?
Is it a weapon because it is out of control?
– Specify what are the features that make social media a weapon.
– Specify what is a real weapon and the contrast it with social media finding out similarities and differences.
– Add definition/short overview of Daesh.
– Specify the theoretical framework used. The theory chosen will be the lens through which I’ll look at the
DATA. Is it communication or a social or a psychological or….theory? In the document, I mentioned (only in
the introduction) a social identity theory but it will be changed if there is something which suits better. The
theory chosen need to be mentioned in the introduction.
– Taking into consideration what is written in the article suggested by the tutor (Writing Integrative Literature
Reviews: Guidelines and Examples RICHARD J TORRACO University of Nebraska–Lincoln)
– Specify I’ll use a case study (Daesh) collecting SECONDARY DATA;
– take into account what is written in the following book suggested by the tutor: Dul, J., & Hak, T. (2007).
Case study methodology in business research. Routledge book on case study;
– Specify how I’m going to collect the data, what sources I’ll use and why (for each source: websites, social
– Specify the time period which the data collection will refer to.
Before the next meeting the tutor wants me to focus on:
– Theoretical framework;
– Method chapter;
And in case I’ve got some data, to inform him/her about some initial thought and findings.
I’LL SEND OTHER FILES SEPARATELY AS I AGREED ON CHAT