Public Administration: Strategic Planning: Collaboration, Cooperation and Coordination
Project- Develop a strategic plan for a new non-profit or existing government organization. As you progress through the Readings, Discussions, and Assignments in the course, think about: how each might help you complete the Final Project. The Final Project is due by Day 7 of Week 10.
To complete the Final Project you will write a paper that addresses the following:
Part 1. Creating an Organization (1 page)
• Create a new non-profit organization (name the organization) with a global presence or identify a government organization at the local, state, or national level that works with multiple stakeholders.
• Develop and explain the organization’s mission, values, and strategic initiatives.
• Identify organizational stakeholders and conduct a stakeholder analysis.
Part 2. Analyzing Organizations (1 page)
• Conduct a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) or Appreciative Inquiry (AI) analysis.
• Evaluate the organization from multiple sustainable perspectives, including financial considerations, positive community outcomes, and innovation.
• Explain why you might use one process over another. Include whether you will use SWOT or AI in your Final Project.
• Use a scholarly reference and cite it
Part 3. Strategic Goals (2 pages)
• Develop 2–3 short-term goals (1–4 years) for the organization. Identify challenges that might impact these goals and explain how the organization might overcome them.
• Develop 2–3 long-term goals (15–20 years) for the organization. Identify long-term trends (i.e., social, political, demographic, economic, ecological, technological, etc.) that might impact these goals.
• Explain why it is important to define short-term and long-term goals. Identify resources that you might use to help you define your organizational goals.
Final Paper (Week 10) (Insert a page break from the information above because it will be submitted separately)
The Final Paper will include:
• A 13-page paper (not including title page and reference list) that addresses steps 1–3 above of the Final Project
• Proper APA formatting, including the following in your paper:
o A title page and running head
o An introduction that states the purpose of the paper
o Level 1 headings to define each part of the paper
o A conclusion to synthesize the entire paper
o A minimum of 11 scholarly sources to support your paper
• In-text citations as appropriate
• A reference list