Purpose of the proposed investigation:
This section should include the material which outlines the rationale for the project, i.e. why this study needs
to be done. This should be done in a way that is both accessible and scholarly, i.e. have proper cited sources.
As an academic significance investigation on, Electronic Arts CSR, this study will examine one of the core
problems generated from loot boxes underneath company’s CSR ethical, legal and business model approach
in generating profits to determine:
• Company’s ethical approach.
• To examine the impact of implementing loot boxes as a service and If is indeed creating a gambling
• To examine if EA is maintaining a good balance between legal, profit and ethical standards.
This researching shed light upon understanding the partnerships created between:
• the players (key stakeholder) of different games
• the business monetarization models utilized by EA GAMES.
Factor which will help us define and bring more clarity of the industry impact on social responsibility.
Key objectives of the research:
From the very beginning we look to know what they are and how they function and their consequences in
order to understand microtransaction and looter boxes relating to business models and monetization
strategies and their impact on stakeholders.
And then to identify if the ethical issues rising is a direct impact on its users as stakeholders and companies’
This research was intended to provide a better understanding of work into microtransactions and loot boxes.
Specific Objectives –
• to extent CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, and ethical problems.
• to analyse and identify from where the issue is rising.
• to identify an optimal SOLUTIONS for the future of microtransactions in an Online industry.
1. Are loot boxes creating, as part of microtransaction, an addictive behaviour(creating a addictive
2. What are the main ethical issues that are rising by microtransaction and loot boxes implementation?
3. What ethical framework can be implemented for the common good?