1. Write a report at least two pages long, using single spacing and Times New Roman 12 pt font.
2. Write at least one page summary/presentation you would give to a business audience or a management team explaining the relevance of your topic, its application to solving a business problem, the strategy for its adoption, and any other elements they may find important.
1. Select a topic
Choose from one of the following topics
a. Is open-source software here to stay?
b. Who builds the best processor in your opinion—AMD or Intel?
c. What is cloud computing, and why should you care about it?
d. What is green IT, and does it really matter to you?
e. What is the best operating system for computers for business applications, Macintosh or PC?
f. Who will win the browser wars? Why should you care?
g. What is the next important technology?
h. What is the future for operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and OS X?
i. Are e-books really the future of reading?
j. What is Google Chrome best described as: a browser or an operating system?
2. Research the topic using various sources on the web. The following websites are useful starting points for researching technology issues:
● CIO: http://www.cio.com/
● IT World: http://www.itworld.com/
● McKinsey Consulting: http://www.mckinsey.com/
You may use Wikipedia as a useful starting point for identifying relevant sources on a topic, but it cannot be considered either authoritative or reliable because Wikipedia sources raise credibility issues. Use APA style to cite the resource used in your work.
3. Write a report that contains (min. 2 pages)
o Introduction to the topic
o Relevance of the topic to business managers (cost vs benefits)
o How it can be implemented or how it can contribute to the business success
o How it may help to solve a business’ current and future problems.
o Examples of products, vendors, or companies
o Links to sites where you can find more information
o Statement about the future use of the technology
The report should have an introduction that states what it is about and shows its structure. It should also have a conclusion that summarizes important ideas and highlights the main message to take away.
4. Write a presentation that represents the presentation you would give to a business audience or a management team explaining the relevance of your topic, its application to solving a business problem, the strategy for its adoption, and any other elements they may find important. (min. 1 page)
o Explains the relevance for business.
o Explains how it may help to solve a business problem.
o Explains how it can be implemented or how it can contribute to the business success.