Discussion Chapters 15 and 16
After reading Chapters 15 and 16 in Fleming, respond to the questions below. Provide detailed explanation.
1. Explain the epidemiology of cardiovascular disease.
2. What are the trends in CVD mortality (in the United States and globally)?
3. Describe geographic variations in CVD. As a health care professional, what recommendations would you make the combat CVD regionally? (you may select one region for this question). Include strategies for prevention.
4. What are some managerial and economic considerations that should be made with respect to CVD screening? What are some considerations for screening tests generally?
5. Twenty years ago, an HIV diagnosis meant a death sentence. Since that time, we have available a number of treatment options. What have the trends been in terms of HIV mortality?
6. How prevalent is HIV now (in the United States and globally)? Are there individuals at higher risk than others? Explain.