The academic nurse educator serves an important role as a leader and agent of change within an organization, often a nursing school. Many of the challenges in nursing education are the result of trends, clinical challenges, and developments in educational technology in higher education in the 21st century. Within nursing education, there are also evolving technologies in healthcare, an expanding scope of practice, and legal-ethical issues, which all impact the quality and safety of patient care. Nursing program curricula must be continuously revised to reflect these changes and ensure a graduate from a nursing program is able to successfully enter the job market.
For this task, you will integrate an emerging technology into curriculum to benefit an academic nursing education program. The change will be implemented into the course, “The Role of the BSN Nurse in Promoting Community Health” that was created in the previous MSNEDU courses. You will use scholarly sources to review current and emerging educational technologies recommended by professional organizations. Then you will use this information to identify and propose the new technology integration to support the curricular change. An analysis of organizational readiness for change to “The Role of the BSN Nurse in Promoting Community Health” should also be included.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Develop a formal proposal using the attached “C922 Curriculum Technology Proposal Template” that integrates the chosen emerging technology for a curricular change to the previously developed course, “The Role of the BSN Nurse in Promoting Community Health.”
A. Write an executive summary (suggested length 1 page) that includes a synopsis of the key points of your proposal.
Note: The executive summary is written after you have completed your proposal; however, APA-style formatting should be referenced and used. And APA-style formatting requires this summary be placed at the opening of your proposal.
B. Write a literature review on the use of technology in education by doing the following:
1. Provide five credible sources published in the last five years that are relevant to your curriculum proposal project in the “Literature Review Summary Table” found in the attached “C922 Curriculum Technology Proposal Template”
2. Provide an evidence summary of the academic literature you found in part B1 on the use of technology in education.
3. Based on your literature review, discuss gaps in the use of technology in nursing education.
C. Complete a needs assessment by doing the following:
1. Describe the process used to conduct a curricular technology needs assessment using a gap analysis.
a. Identify three academic stakeholders (e.g., faculty, students, preceptors, IT personnel) and their roles in the gap analysis.
b. Explain methods of collaboration with interprofessional teams.
2. Compare two current or emerging technologies by describing the advantages and disadvantages of each as they apply to “The Role of the BSN Nurse in Promoting Community Health.”
3. Discuss three anticipated challenges with the current state of technology in the “The Role of the BSN Nurse in Promoting Community Health” course.
4. Explain how you will overcome the three challenges from part C3.
5. Summarize your findings of the curricular technology needs assessment.
a. Describe the collaboration with your stakeholders to reach a consensus on one technology from part C2.
D. Identify the emerging technology and complete a force field analysis to identify forces for and against your curriculum technology proposal using Table 3 in the attached “C922 Curriculum Technology Proposal Template.”
1. Identify factors that could impact the adoption of your proposal by doing the following:
a. Analyze two internal and two external organizational factors that may facilitate or impede implementation.
b. Describe three forces that will facilitate integration of the identified emerging technology in the “The Role of the BSN Nurse in Promoting Community Health” course.
c. Describe three forces that will impede integration of the identified emerging technology in the “Role of the BSN Nurse in Promoting Community Health” course.
2. Identify a change theory appropriate for your technology integration and adoption.
a. Justify the selected change theory from part D2.
b. Describe potential resistance and barriers to the technology change.
c. Discuss how you plan to implement the change theory identified in part D2.
E. Write a conclusion focusing on the impact and significance of your proposal by doing the following:
1. Discuss the rationale and purpose of your proposal.
2. Explain how your proposal fills the identified curriculum needs gap.
3. Discuss why implementing this proposal is significant and the impact it will have on the broader field of nursing.
F. Submit your formal proposal in APA style, including but not limited to title page, headers, in-text citations, and references.
G. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
File name may contain only letters, numbers, spaces, and these symbols: ! – _ . * ‘ ( )
File size limit: 200 MB
File types allowed: doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, odt, pdf, txt, qt, mov, mpg, avi, mp3, wav, mp4, wma, flv, asf, mpeg, wmv, m4v, svg, tif, tiff, jpeg, jpg, gif, png, zip, rar, tar, 7z