Principles of Management (MGT101)
Deadline: End of Week 7 (17/10/2020 @ 23:59)
Course Name: Principles of Management Student’s Name:
Course Code: MGT101 Student’s ID Number:
Semester: 1st CRN:
Academic Year: 1441/1442 H, 1st Term
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: /5 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• This assignment is an individual assignment.
• Due date for Assignment 1 is by the end of Week 7 (17/10/2020).
• The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented. This also includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submitted assignments will NOT be entertained.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
• This Assignment comprise of a short Case.
• Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-2 students will able to understand the
LO 1. Identify and explain the concept of management, functions, roles and skills of a manager (Lo1.1)
• Please read the case “The Decline of Sears” on Page number 73, Chapter 2 “Management Theory” available in your textbook/e-textbook “Management: A Practical Approach” 9th edition by Kinicki, A., & Williams, B., and answer the following questions in about 500 words:
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 5)
1. What is the underlying problem in this case from Edward Lampert’s perspective? (2marks)
2. What are the key causes of Sears’ decline? (1.5 marks)
3. To what extent did sears use a total Quality Management perspective in running the business? (1.5 marks)