Assignment 3: Short Answers B (15%):
For Assignment 3, you will answer the following 15 questions using brief sentences or point form (1 mark each). A maximum of 50 – 100 words per question. These questions cover Chapters 6 through 10 of your textbook and are also provided as an editable document [link to document] for you to complete. You can work on this assignment as you go through the units and submit it after Unit 11.
1. Briefly explain the three major points regarding psychologist Carol Gilligan’s moral development for girls.
2. Briefly explain three strategies for coping with stress.
3. Briefly describe the three types of memory.
4. Briefly explain why “midlife crisis” is a myth.
5. Briefly describe three promising avenues to increase the human lifespan.
6. Briefly describe the main issues surrounding the marriage age difference and partner choice.
7. Briefly explain the changes in marital satisfaction over time.
8. Briefly explain how the use of computers and the Internet is changing education.
9. Briefly provide information regarding the success and adjustment of the children of immigrant families.
10. Briefly describe criticisms of Kohlberg’s theory of moral reasoning.
11. Briefly explain how an adolescent’s thinking is different from that of younger children.
12. Briefly explain Sternberg’s triarchic theory of intelligence.
13. Briefly describe current research findings with regard to lesbian and gay relationships.
14. Briefly describe some of the aspects of the gender gap in life expectancy.
15. Briefly explain the distinction between intelligence and wisdom.