Your Term paper for this class will require you to research the following question:
“Should the “victimless crime” of prostitution between consenting adults be free from governmental interference?”
Your paper must meet the following requirements to receive credit:
1. Minimum of ten (10) pages in length
2. Must include a works cited page or in-text citations in APA or MLA format
3. Must include a cover pager with your name, this class title and my name as your professor
4. The works cited and cover page do NOT count towards the page total
5. The paper must have 1 inch margins and be of a 12 point font
1. Research from 8 outside documented and properly cited sources
2. The paper must have a Thesis and be able to answer the term paper topic
3. The paper must be genuine. This paper will be scanned for plagiarism by our software. ANY undocumented cutting and pasting of sources, or the usage of online assistance writing programs will result in a grade of “F” for this class and possible suspension from the college.
1. The paper must address the history of this topic
2. The paper must acknowledge the position of opinions contrary to your own, and address them
3. The paper must discuss legislation passed in at least three (3) U.S. jurisdictions pertaining to the effects of legalizing or criminalizing prostitution.
4. The paper should discuss at least three (3) examples of victimless crime in the above context (such as phone sex, escort services, etc.)
5. The paper should illustrate an opinion by the writer, as to what U.S. law should be concerning prostitution.
6. The paper should discuss the potential harms and benefits of legalizing or criminalizing prostitution.
7. The paper should discuss any new trends in criminalization or legalization of prostitution AND what the real societal effects have been.
The paper will be docked 1 letter grade for each page short of 10 pages….NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Format and Length of Paper – 20%
• Use of Cover Page and Works Cited Page
• Paper 10 Pages in length (Excluded Cover and Works Cited)
• Proper Font size and spacing
References and Usage of References – 20%
• Proper In-text, MLA or Works Cited references
• Use of 8 properly identified sources
Clarity in Writing – 10%
• Proper Usage of Grammar
• Proper Usage of Punctuation
• Proper Sentence Structure
• Proper Capitalization and Italicization
Content / Information – 50% – 100 points
• History of Prostitution in the Law – 10%
• Recognition of Contrary Positions – 10%
• Discussion of prostitution laws in 3 – 20%
• Usage of 3 examples of the enforcement – 20%
of prostitution laws in the U.S.
• Writer’s opinion as to what U.S. law – 10%
should be in regards to prostitution
• Discussion of the benefits and harms of – 20%
criminalization and legalization
DUE DATE: Aug. 2nd, 2020 – 11:59 pm