Based on the PBS documentary Makers: women who make America” part 1: Awakening, please answer these questions:
1. What was the significance of the Civil Rights Movement to the Women’s Movement? (provide two reasons) 2 pts.
2. What was the main argument of the book “Feminine Mystique” by Betty Friedan?
What is the book’s significance for the Women’s Movement? 2 pts.
3. What was the first EEOC employment discrimination cases involving women? What was the women organization that emerged after that? 2 pts.
4. What was the specific tactic used by a group of women that involved the publisher of the Ladies’ Home Journal? What was the end result of the women’s actions? 2 pts.
5. What was the importance of the Ms Magazine and its founder Gloria Steinem to the Women’s Movement? (provide two reasons) 2 pts.